Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Signature Dish?: Pork Tenderloin

I know I have to keep a more consistent pace to the blog! I post two, then not post for a week, I know =/ I'm very sorry for that, hopefully we'll be picking up the pace. But I've just started a new job, so maybe you'll be hearing more from the second half of this cooking duo. On to the food!

Today was actually one of my first working days, so I came home starving searching the fridge for anything to eat. I had cooked Filipino Adobe Pork the night before but wasn't too proud of it (despite my mom's gushing), but just before I was about to give in and reluctantly eat that pork, I saw the other uncooked log of pork loin beaming in the back of the freezer like a sign from God. So I defrosted that bad boy and went to work!

I know I always say what we cook is so simple, but it's always so true! This pork was not complex at all! I didn't measure a thing, including anything for the sauce, I'll explain what I did, and here's some more in-depth instructions for your time making it: Pork Tenderloin with Burgundy Peppercorn Sauce.


Pork Loin: First preheat the oven to 425 degrees and pour a little olive oil in a medium saute pan on medium high heat. I patted the pork dry with a paper towel and lightly coated it with light olive oil. I used Kirkland Signature Tellicherry Black Pepper Grinder and Kirkland Signature Lemon & Tellicherry Pepper Grinder to crackle fresh pepper generously all over the log of pork loin. I also sprinkled it with some Lawry's Seasoned Pepper. Make sure the fire is pretty hot and place the pork loin in so it sizzles. Brown each side for about a minute or two. Cover a baking dish with foil and lightly grease it and place the pork in the oven for 15-17 minutes. No more! Cover the pork with foil and let it sit in the opened oven.

Burgundy Sauce: For the sauce saute sliced shallots and minced garlic in a saute pan on medium heat till cooked. Add about 2 cups of Sherry and bring to a boil on high heat. Stir the wine in, once it has deglazed there should be a small trail as you stir. Add 1/2 a cup of heavy cream, and bring to a boil as well (I added a couple splashes Worcestershire sauce for color). As it reaches a creamy consistency turn off the heat and crackle some fresh black pepper and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.

I served this, sliced thick, on-top of jasmine white rice, and let me tell you it was finger lickin' good, it left a nice spicy taste on my mouth that I wish could stay there forever. My mom asked me tonight out of all the things I make, what is my signature dish? And I think I'm bound to make this mine. I know, it's nerdy how excited I get over food. :)

I'll have to work on the presentation second time around, I was so hungry I just threw it on the plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment